Splashing into Summer
Posted: May 24, 2017 by Coldwell Banker Ackley Realty
PREPARING FOR SUMMER:
Luckily, we don’t have to worry about opening up our pools! Here in Florida, we have pools all year around. However, going into summer consider doing some of these ideas to make your summer and your home more enjoyable.
Keep the House Cooler:
- Make sure the AC filter is cleaned once a month
- Consider shading the outside of your AC unit. This can keep your house 10% cooler, just don’t block the air flow of the unit.
- Consider adding tented film to your windows. This decreases your electric bill and keeps the home cooler.
- If your home is a smart home you can control the temperature while you are away, either at the beach, or just to the market.
- Keep the blinds shut during the day and the fans on!
Add Some Pizzazz!
- Add some string lights to the back yard. This is very affordable and can add a very warm feeling to any back yard or porch.
- Put some plants or trees in the yard. Summer is a great time to add to the garden. Most plants grow very well during the summer and you can have some fun gardening while the kids play in the sprinklers.